Our fantastic locations make up a big part of why our communities are such a hit with our Residents and Members. With communities in Perdido Key, Tampa, Bradenton, Venice, Ft. Myers, Bonita Springs, Naples and Coral Springs, there is plenty to talk about. As such, we thought it would be helpful to our readers to learn about all the exciting things going on in each of these locations. This month's spotlight location is the Perdido Key area, home to Lost Key Golf and Marina!
The summer months are always busy here in beautiful Perdido Key, recently named one of Coastal Living magazine's "31 Best Beach Vacations." Find everything from Minor League Baseball to spectacular beaches in the area. Here are just a few points of interest to check out if you live in the Pensacola area or plan to visit soon!
• Perdido Key Beaches - Enjoy 16 miles of sugar-sand beaches that have become famous nationwide. This span is known as one of the last remaining unblemished stretches of wilderness in the Florida Panhandle.
• Parks and Nature - This barrier island known to Dr. Beach as one of the nation's top 20 beaches, has a wealth of world-renowned parks such as Big Lagoon State Recreational Park, Perdido Key State Recreational Park and Johnson Beach.
• Charter Fishing - Always imagined catching "the big one?" Claim your next great fishing adventure by hiring one of the many available fishing charters on your next trip.
• Historical Sites - Head to Historic Pensacola Village to visit 11 of the 27 properties in the Pensacola National Register Historic District, like the T.T. Wentworth Jr. Museum and the Arcadia Mill Archaeological Site.
• Cultural Attractions - Pensacola Museum of Art and Pensacola Opera, as well as the Bellingrath Gardens and Home are local hot spots to get your cultural fill. Don't miss the Naval Aviation Museum when catching one of the Blue Angels Practice Shows.
• Local Events - It's always great when you can plan your trips around local events. Some of the more popular ones are Evenings in Olde Seville Square, Red White & Blues week, Ladies Billfish Tournament at Lost Key Marina, Oktoberfest, Shrimp Fest and Frank Brown Songwriters Festival. Find out more here.