There's no doubt, summertime in Florida is all about enjoying the sunshine and beaches. It's what Florida is known for and with three of WCI's communities offering marinas, we know our Residents and Members love taking advantage of the water! Both Westshore Yacht Club in Tampa and Lost Key Marina in Perdido Key offer state-of-the-art, deep-water marinas for boats big and small, while Tidewater Preserve in Bradenton allows Residents access to a canoe and kayak launch and boat slips for smaller vessels.
So, for those that are ready to take their summer fun out on to the water and take full advantage of the marina opportunities at our Clubs, we thought it would be helpful to share a few tips on buying a boat perfect for your family's needs. Here are a few top tips from the Recreational Boat Building Industry.
• Go boating several times with friends to be sure it fits your interests.
• Get acquainted with the true cost of owning a boat and the time commitment required.
• Go to a few boat shows to find out what types of boats appeal to you and speak to several manufacturers to get an idea of costs.
• Start small when purchasing a boat for the first time. Until you become accustomed to how to handle a boat, it's best to start a few sizes down.
• Consider "time sharing" a boat with friends so the burden doesn't rest completely on you and your family for maintenance and upkeep.
• Read the free buyer's guide for more tips from Boat US here.